SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marthastoo

Please help us make a decision about a sofa

marthastoo
10 years ago

We've narrowed down our choices for a sofa for the sunroom that will used as the children's TV room. We wanted something well-made, durable for our kids (ages 10 and 12), and a sleeper comfortable enough for guests (mostly my ILs). We like the C&B Allerton king sleeper sofa with chaise and the EA Bennett queen sleeper sofa with chaise. They are about the same price, but there are some differences.

C&B:
- Delivery in 5-6 weeks
- limited fabrics (we're "settling" on one that works in our space)
- 90" long which works better in our space
- Chaise is actually a storage ottoman that can be switched side to side. This means the long chaise cushion can be flipped over and not get worn out exclusively (you know how most people make a bee-line for the chaise in a sectional and tends to get worn out first).
- DH worried the cushions might wear out (our 3 year old Bassett sofa has that problem and it drives us crazy)
- I think it's the more comfortable of the two sofas
- made by American Leather
- sleeper is amazing (very firm, on flat planks)
-15% off until Labor Day ($3740)

EA:
- delivery in about 12 weeks (!)
- hundreds of fabric choices
- 110" long, which is almost overwhelming for the space but will fit
- chaise is permanently on one side, so chaise cushion cannot be flipped over and may wear out first
- DH thinks this sofa is more comfortable
- DH and I both feel the EA is the better made sofa (based solely on the tush test and reputation)
- sleeper is air mattress and very comfortable. It does feel like an air mattress, as opposed to the C&B mattress, which feels like a real mattress.
-Sales associate has yet to give email prices with our 3 fabric choice, but she verbally said it should under $4k depending on the fabric and currently running 10% off
- 15% after Labor Day

So we have to make a decision by Monday afternoon -
which should we get?

This post was edited by marthastoo on Sun, Sep 1, 13 at 10:35

Comments (8)