SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hexus

1000 watt 3 way wireless remote control dimmer

hexus
15 years ago

I wired a house recently with a rather large living room. There are two three way's at either end controlling the main lighting for the room. Currently there is a 1000w dimmer at one end to dim the main lighting. Everything is working fine.

The customer now would like to have the ability to turn on, turn off, and dim the lights via a wireless remote control. They don't care if they can dim the lights from each three way location, but mentioned they would like to be able to from at least one end of the three way system.

So what I'm looking for is a 1000w three way switch/dimmer that can be controlled with a wireless remote control as well. I am well aware of, and have installed systems like x10, Inseton, control 4, etc... but would like to investigate all options before going to one of those due to cost, and also because this is the only device and not a full home automation system.

Anyone know of such a device? Even a single pole 1000w dimmer with a remote would be ok and I'd just tie through and blank off the other end.

Comments (6)