SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
spencer_electrician

Anyone know where I can find free stand fluorescent display lts

A store that has display case lights in their old 50 year old cases is in need of replacing one. I recently had to re-ballast most of the fixtures. One fixture has destroyed connections in its tiny connection housing. Placing a bulb in it results in flames. I have told them that their lighting is in need of a complete re-do. Unsuitable bx cable running to the sockets, ballasts not properly vented. They agreed but want to wait till they re-do the cases. For now they want a new fixture just in the one case.

The current lights are held by metal rods that go all the way to the bottom of the case. The walls and ceiling of the case are glass. So it limits a replacement light to something that can stick to glass or something that has legs to go down to the case floor. I suggested a product I saw online that sticks to the glass and has a halogen bulb every few inches. The store decorator said even for the temporary purpous they would not be suitable. They just want something fluorescent. Know if such a fixture exists and a store to order it from?

Comments (2)