SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sminnj

Bad behavior at 1 house...Punishment at the other?

sminnj
15 years ago

Ok so here goes....SD (8) is great for DH and I. Does what is asked without a fight 99% of the time. She does not listen so well for her mother. SD has admitted to her father that she does not listen to her mom becuase she is mad at her. Some reasons are that mom promised her she could sign up for basketball but then never signed her up, and that mom never spends time with her on her weekends. The main problem is that she is refusing to get out of bed in the morning to the point of making mom late for work and possibly getting mom fired. Mom admittidly does not take charge of the situation and never follows through with discipline. DH has spoken with SD 2 times now about this and how it is important for her to get up in the morning. But today mom calls me to tell me SD missed school today cause she did not get up. So now DH is feeling burdened to discipline DD at his house because he feels there should be consequenses to actions. And there are no consequenses anywhere else. So on Wed. he wants to tell her no tv at all. (there are 2 shows that she loves to watch) And if she gets up for mom without a fight on Fri. for school then she can have tv back this weekend. (sidenote--its mom's weekend but DH has her because mom is going to (insert popular gambling destination here) ) But if she's not good Fri. morning then no tv this weekend either. I have mixed feelings about punishing her at our house since she is so well behaved for us. I'm not sure how she will take it or if it will even be effective.

Anyone on the other side of this? What were your results?

Comments (33)