SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lamom_gw

DH, Skids, Holidays...not good

lamom
14 years ago

Hello all,

Usually I share here about my feelings about my adult SKIDS, their relationship with DS7 and me, SS30 and his issues and son.

This time, I would like perspective on DH and how he is processing what is happening with his grown Kids. I will admit, upfront, that it is affecting me and my son hence, my concern.

DH is clearly disappointed, embarrassed and ashamed of how SS30 is living. See my other posts on that. All of these feelings, plus the financial stresses on our businesses from the economy and life in general are taking an enormous toll. DH ans SS30 haven't spoke in over a month because of SS30 bailing out on a chance to do some work for DH to make a few bucks. This happened around SS's 30th bday which compounded the whole mess for them both.

Now Christmas is upon us. I feel compassion, sympathy and some anxiety for them all. I'm trying to not interfere as I know it won't be appreciated by any of them . DS's Clear unhappiness with SS30 and the sgkids is making this holiday season unhappy. It's sad to see that DH just can't feel good about his own grandkids because his oldest son is such a disappointment.

I've been taking DS7 on my own to the holiday parties just so we can have a good time without the baggage. Even though money is too tight to mention, I'm considering using plastic to visit my Midwestern relatives with DS7 just to get away from the negativity.

What have any of you done if or when your DH's have been depressed or angry about what your skids are doing or not doing? And BM's this question includes you too! Believe it or not, I feel bad that he is excommunicating the grandkids for the behavior of the parents. I've done that and I know it's not right.

Comments (2)