SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mpmg46

Frustrating Living Room-but a cute dog. :)

mpmg46
11 years ago

The dog wouldn't leave the room when I was trying to get a picture! I kept leading him out, but he'd go right back in! lol

{{!gwi}}

How do you decorate a small sized living room that as you look into it has one big wall straight ahead? This room is the source of such frustration...if I could, I'd buy all new furniture, but honestly, I don't even know if that would help. I hate that we didn't put a fireplace in...I don't know what I was thinking when we built (8 years ago). There is no focal point in the room and the wall over the couch is barren as well. I don't want clutter, but I don't want it empty either. And whatever I hang or do needs to be meaningful to me. I see so many rooms I love here and other places, but I never find a room that has a layout similar to mine that is fireplace-less. I considered a fake one a few years back, but I don't think I want one. Any suggestions?

More seating would be good. I know the rug is too small, but I don't want to purchase a new one until I have the room pulled together more.

Help please!!

Comments (59)