SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
my3dogsii

Surprise dining room decor done by my three dogs

My3dogs ME zone 5A
15 years ago

This is not my usual type of decor, but it's what I found in my dining room yesterday AM. I had found an old parka in the back of the closet and removed the hood before washing it. The hood had fur trim on it, and I hung it on a chair at the kitchen island...The dogs 'killed' it while I was out shoveling 2 feet of snow from yesterday's storm. I'm sure they did it so it wouldn't attack me when I came back inside.

It was eerily similar to what happened to another jacket at a friend's house many years ago.

She had asked me to come down to help her with decorating ideas...She had two truly loving and friendly dobermans - Tillie and Petey. She let them out when we got there and I set my fur trimmed jacket down. The dogs came came back in, as my friend and I were walking through the house. We circled back to the kitchen, and I screamed, 'OMG! The dogs must have brought in a squirrel and killed it in here!'

We're gagging and looking for squirrel 'parts', and suddenly she says, 'OMG...' and she is holding what's left of THAT fur trimmed jacket hood. I should have learned back then, I guess.

She was almost in tears because she felt so bad, but dog lover that I am, I was in tears due to laughing so hard!

NOTE - I have not bought ANY items trimmed with real fur for many years...

Comments (52)