SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
redsoxmom_gw

How to decorate "the room formerly known as the dining room"

redsoxmom
11 years ago

We turned our living room into the dining room, the space works much better for us this way. We opened up the wall that separated the old living room from the family and over time the new dining room has evolved into our game room/puzzle room as well as a space for large family gatherings. We use the space every day now. When it was the living room we never went in it. So,very happy with our choice.

In the old dining room we have some bookshelves and the computer/desk is there as well. This room has become a play room/work from home room/junk room - and we do use it all the time - it just always looks to me like a room that was meant to be something else - hope this makes sense. My question is: is there a way to decorate this space so that it doesn't look like it once was the dining room? We don't have a table in it, and we replaced the chandelier with a ceiling fixture. But, something still seems off. It is right off the kitchen (traditional 2 story colonial). If anyone has been successful pulling this off, and/or has any pictures, I would love to hear about it/see it! Thanks, appreciate your thoughts - any advice is welcome!!

Comments (6)