SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jujubee22_gw

My stepkids hate me, frustrated and broken

jujubee22
18 years ago

Well I just wanted to chime in with my own experience on the STEP issue. I was a stepchild to a horrific monster of a woman who eventually kicked me out of my house at 16. I was a good kid with good grades didn't do drugs, I was well generally normal. My Step Mom would tell horrible lies to my Dad about things I never did or never said, and he believed them.

Onto present, I am now 33 years old and living with my fiance who has custody of his 2 children- 12 year old boy, and 14 year old girl. I also have 3 children ages 14-boy, 7-girl, and 4-girl. I have known my fiance and his kids for 7 years, we have been dating for 3, and living together for 2. Since moving in I have helped renovate his house and turn it into a real home. He and his kids were living in filth before.

When I moved in we did everything we could think of to ease HIS kids into the new situation, and asking my own to sacrafice by leaving their home and moving into his. I did everything for his children laundry, cooking, cleaning, decorating their rooms, buying cool school clothes and so many others. This would make them happy for about 5 minutes, then once they had what they wanted they would treat both me and my children with hate and disrespect. Their father would apologize, but make excuses that change is hard for them and I would agree. Their mother would blame it all on me by using some twisted logic and convice my Stepkids they were in the right. I should add, their Mother had an affair, got pregnant by another man and walked out on her husband and her children, and went on to have 3 children by the new man. Although in her mind this has nothing to do with her children's emotional problems, or their anger.

Anyways I have finally broke and cannot take anymore I am hated in my own house, and made to feel uncomfortable every minute. His 14 year old daughter will no longer do chores or even obey anything her father tells her to do. We have taken her things out of her room, and tried different forms of punishment. Even gone to a professional councelor for advice. His 12 year old son is now with his MOM about 2/3 of the time. He has been suspended from school for taking a knife to school and threatening another child, we catch him stealing all of the time and I found a 22 bullet in my washing machine last week that he stole from his mothers. He treats my little girls like dogs, either ignoring them or acting disgusted when he is forced to interact with them. He is in counceling

I have even sat his kids down on several occasions and begged them to give this a chance, and asked them what can I do to make you happy?

All the while my kids are well behaved and well adjusted. I AM A GOOD PARENT, AND A GOOD STEPPARENT but I cannot force someone to like me, especially when their Mother is happy they don't like me. She can't have her kids liking someone more that they like her. One example of her attitude: I took her kids school shopping last year,and got what they wanted. We assumed she would do it this year, of course she didn't and when we reminded her that we bought last year, her response was "well I didn't like those clothes anyway"

So how much am I expected to endure? I will not allow my children to live this way. I regrent not making all the kids equal in the beginning. Just because my kids don't act out, or act so horrible doesn't mean they are less important or don't deserve the spotlight. But so you all now my kids have always been my number 1, and I have always let them know that. When should his kids go live with their mother, so the other 5 people in the house can have some peace and quality of life. When does mine and my kids happiness become more important? Should we move out of the house I have put so much money and work into, the house that I have made a home?

Please respond!

Frustrated and Broken

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County