SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jess3_gw

My future stepkids dont want to get to know me

jess3
15 years ago

My BF and I have been together for a lil over a year. He is a dream come true. Problem: He was still married when we began our relationship and has been divorced now about a year (I know how horrible that is and I am still working on my guilt issues) but believe me they had alot of problems that counseling was not able to help them with before I came along. Anyway, I know I want to spend my life with him and he feels the same. He has 3 kids ages 9,11,12 that are not willing do just spend a lil time with me to try to build a relationship. They are in counceling and my BF goes with them every other week. Thier mother has brainwashed them and keeps them from thier dad when she can. She decided to tell them all about him having an affair and things that young kids really dont need to know. She was willing to let him have a girlfriend as long as it did not affect her financial or social life. We have put off making plans to get married until the kids have more time to adjust. They are still angry about the divorce. My problem is that they have been givin this control and of course are using it to the fullest. The councelser just told him last week that we should put off "the girlfriend thing" for a while. Is there anybody with similar situations that has any advise?

Comments (56)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012