SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_459360

My3dogs' Fab Chairs Now Living in DD's Apt !

User
10 years ago

I have watched and admired for years as our own my3dogs refinished and upholstered and brought new life to good furniture. A few months ago I contacted her via GW and the end result---- two of her beautiful chairs are now in my DD's apartment!

Here is one of the chairs before it left my3dogs lovely home up north:

This spectacular lady researched many different modes of shipping and they ended up on a bus! They stopped at Boston, then New York, and finally were picked up in Atlanta. They looked like mummies:

These babies were so well packed and protected it took about 20 minutes to get each one out of its cocoon :-)

They were a surprise for my daughter, whose apartment is the perfect home for these chairs. Right now they are trying out different rooms (they go in all of them!). She's looking for a place to buy, and these will eventually be the host and hostess chairs at her dining table.

I am the world's worst photographer, especially with my iphone. We tried one out in the LR:

She needs a longer, higher console or bench to go under that photo of NYC where she was born.

Next we tried both in the bedroom, where they look equally at home:

For context, across from the photo above is a red ticking sofa (Pottery Barn) with a linen pillow very close in color to the grainsack material on the backs of the chairs:

The colors of my3dogs chairs could not have been better--- here is a chair and ottoman in her drum room... the front two pillows and throw (you can barely see it on the back of the chair) came the day we delivered the chairs, she had them woven at a Turkish store in NOLA.

Those pillows are the same feel and red color as the small pillow my3dogs made for each chair as a gift to DD:

These were a wonderful addition to DD's furniture, she is 26 and collecting slowly. Not only is the workmanship just perfect in every detail, I am thrilled to have the work of such a talented GWer whom I have come to regard as a friend.

My3dogs, THANK YOU!

Comments (21)