SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wild_thing

New Here

wild_thing
15 years ago

Lets see if I can get something to post.

New here with two step kis. Boy is 18 and girl is 15.

I have two kids with my husband, and one from a previous relationship. We have been together for 13 years so we are no strangers to this.

I have worked with troubled kids for many years, so there isn't anything that I have not heard of in terms of mental, emotional, etc.

SS lived with us for two years the last time, up until her turned 18 then gave up a high paying job his dad got him, and moved back with his mom to dinky town about 60 miles from us, where he then dropped out of school his senior year, last month. We heard that through the counselor my husband happened to run into.

Step daughter is the most manipulative, lying, and triagulating. She took us by surprise though, but we should have seen it coming. Ss was the same way but his behaviors manifested at an earlier age. Hers blossemed when she did.

She loves to play the perpetual victim. Never responisible for anything no matter how insignificant. She even creates situations where she hopes to be seen as the victim. She loves pitting people against one another.

I am just fed up with it all. I hate that people always think the step mom is supposed to be this neverending supply of patience, understanding, support, love, comfort, and all of the above. This well has run dry.

I have put up with it for too many years, and I have only just realized how far my sd will go to get what she wants, and I don't like her anymore. Can't even stand to look at her. I have forgiven a lot, but now that I know her for who she really is, I see things a lot more clearly.

I just want her to go back and live with her mom. Her dad doesn't want her too, he is afraid she will get knocked up and drop out of school. She says she doesn't want to go and live with her mom, but she tells others that we won't let her. Whatever!

Hubby took her side in a very heated arguement the three of us were having. I had reached the end of my rope as far sas patience went and I blew up, which is not like me but I had enough. Well she has taken that 'siding' and she uses it against me now and she thinks she can treat me like crap on a daily basis. You should see the smirk she hides cuz she thinks she is being all sly.

I am beyond frustrated, and I have moved right in with resentful and bitter. I have entertained the idea of leaving. Because I can not fathom even 3 more years of this. No way. But we will see, sd keeps upping the ante lately so we will see how far she pushes her dad. I am just sitting back and watching her self destruct now.

I don't buy into all the talk of step kids just needing love. Some have it, they just never take it. There are really messed up kids out there, and sometimes good people get mixed up in all the drama.

Just because kids are in a blended familly does not give them a huge exempt card for being responsible for their own choices and behavior. They don't get to behave badly just because their parents divorced, that is a cop out. Some step parents really do care and try hard, and sometimes love isn't enough for some kids. Believe that.

Comments (16)