SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cawfecup

mommy says 'the judge said'

cawfecup
17 years ago

How can we handle comments from stepkids who say things like...a little background real quick ... every time we go to court for support order changes mom tells the kids "the judge said" "mommy has to get a new job the judge fired her" (she owned and closed a business to get out of paying support) "why does mommy have to pay you to be our daddy?" (she was ordered to pay support and 1/2 the marital debt) hasn't paid a dime.

She just started picking up the kids two days a week at 5:30. The 8 yr old says "mommy doesn't like it when you don't feed us dinner" I said Well whats the point of her picking you up at 5:30 so you can sleep over? or spend time with her having dinner being a family" his response yeah but all she ever gives us is Mcdonald's (mom does not cook never has) breakfast is dunkin donuts lunch and dinner is always mcdonalds.

I have told mom if she continues to tell the kids what the "judge said" I will let them read the court order so they know exactly what it says not her version of what it says ... the comments stopped for a while but we went to court 3 weeks ago and the comments have started up again ... she told the kids she was going to quit her job and have them full-time and make daddy pay her to stay home with them. After court she told the kids the judge said they had to stay with daddy "daddy must have bribed the judge so you can't live with mommy".

In court she has never said she wanted custody just wanted child support reduced but it went up again. Mom told the kids the only reason daddy wants child support is so step mom doesn't have to work. I quit my job over a year ago cheaper to stay home than work and pay for childcare.

Guess I am just dumbfounded by the way she has adult conversations with her children ages 11 8 and 7. She doesn't care that it messes them all up. She makes dad out to be the bad guy and puts herself up on a pedestal. They come home from her house with more questions than we are prepared to answer.

Yesterday was the first time she had to do homework with the 7 yr old they have been in school since August, what a joke... she wants to have the kid tested for learning disability because it takes her so long to do her homework ... I didn't have them do their homework right after school they were going to mom's so I let them play instead of doing homework. House rule no playing until homework is done.

She has complained about being a "single mom" and having to do it all!!! I was a single mom working all day picking up kids at an afterschool program, making dinner, doing homework, bathing kids, and getting them to bed etc. to do it all again the next day. All with out any praise she has it easy, thats why I didn't make them do homework or feed them they did have a snack but not a meal.

I know its childish but I don't know how to deal with her anymore the kids are good kids normal behaviors for their ages except for the comments from mom about adult issues they wouldn't have a clue about court and child support. Dad just lets them say what they have to say won't defend himself "they will find out eventually" but in the meantime we are the dirt that holds her pedestal steady!

ok rambling :)

Comments (6)