SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
palimpsest

Almost the worst workmanship ever.

palimpsest
12 years ago

Sadly I have seen even worse.

This is the bathroom door and wall as designed by Salvador Dali and executed by the Monroe brothers from Green Acres.

This is in the house I bought. This bathroom was put in between the time I first offered and when I closed. They finished it *while *I *was *at *closing. I did not want this bathroom but since I was renting the house I let them finish it. As soon as I am in the house and have working drawings of what will replace it, it will be demolished.

The clues start out in the hall. There used to be a closet door to the left. (the girls also got Navajo White in the hallway)

{{!gwi}}

What's with the trim?

{{!gwi}}

Well you can see where the door was...

{{!gwi}}

Now let's go into the bedroom and look at the Dali-Monroe collaboration:

Strange door jamb to the left, strange jog in the wall to the right. No, the picture isn't distorted, the wall is:

{{!gwi}}

Yes, thats upside down panel molding at the ceiling (and floor) I guess the door didn't fit in the original wall thickness. Yes that is two styles of casing on the same door, too.

{{!gwi}}

Here is the jamb. Or a wall, or something:

{{!gwi}}

No jamb at all on this side:

{{!gwi}}

Here is the inside of that door. A little less confusing but not much:

{{!gwi}}

At least they did an awesome job on the tile:

{{!gwi}}

The entire wall in the bedroom containing the pocket door is new, not new work joining old or anything like that. They could've built it any way they wanted, and this is how they did it.

Comments (25)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm