SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leslie_clubb

MIELE; worst appliance I have ever bought.

Leslie Clubb
5 years ago

Our Miele fridge has NEVER worked properly. We bought it 8 years ago and it didn't make ice for 3; in spite of paying for service. Servicing has been hit or miss.

The last service person stated point blank that the fridge had a sealed system fault that had never been addressed properly and that it was insured for 10 years. Miele offered us 2,500 off a new fridge; as if we'd want to go through Hell again with another one. This LEMON should have been replaced by Miele years ago.

SIL owns a Miele dishwasher and has gone through similar with that appliance. Neighbour 3 doors down has NOTHING but complaints about her Miele appliance as well; and the service people who fix nothing.

Miele also insists that they install their own appliances; they did ours on Christmas Eve; DAMAGED the new cabinets in my kitchen renovation and gouged my new hardwood floors. They paid for repairs; but NO ONE IN ANY POSITION OF POWER IN MEILE HAS ADDRESSED HOW BAD THIS APPLIANCE HAS BEEN OR WHAT THEY HAVE PUT US THROUGH!!!

We have been paying for bad repairs, buying ICE FOR 3 YEARS (and carrying it home when I have a handicapped parking sticker in my car; thanks very much) having new cabinetry repaired; or the sheer inconvenience of all the bloody appointments.

DON'T BUY MIELE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MIELE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEIR INSTALLERS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!

THEIR REPAIR PEOPLE SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now it's Christmas again and we have a fridge that Miele refuses to fix properly that is going to crap out on us at the worst time of the year. The last time they called, they said WE would have to PAY THEM AGAIN to fix this LEMON.

I have NEVER OWNED AN APPLIANCE THIS BAD and I have lived in Europe with many German Appliances!!!

THIS IS NOT JUST ABOUT MONEY. Miele has put our health at risk by selling us a faulty fridge. It endangers the life of myself and my husband and the 8 people who sit at our Christmas Table by letting our food spoil, the entire function of a working fridge is to keep our foods safe!!!!! All the instances of having to empty our fridge’s contents into a cooler with ice has ALSO been at our inconvenience, expense and peril. Not to mention, once again, how difficult this is with extreme joint issues!!!

You buy a fridge in good faith, expecting it to perform as a fridge. And you use Miele repair people, in good faith, expecting them to repair your fridge, on 14 separate occasions, and your fridge STILL does not work the way it should.

I want a working fridge. And in good faith, Miele should replace this one for all the wasted food, money, ice, money wasted on repairs that NEVER RESULTED in this fridge being dependable, ever. I want a fridge that works.

DON’T BUY MIELE.

Comments (28)