SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
helpwiththis

bm problems

helpwiththis
16 years ago

A little background....I am a BM and SM. Have a 11yr old sd who lives with us full time and does not have any regular visitation with her mom. Her mom is in and out of her life....mostly out. When her mom has relatives in town she wants to see sd and show her off and act like an involved mom. Other than that and occasional holiday calls she is out. The other day she called to tell sd that she is due anyday with a baby girl!! I was driving home from work when she called, so my sd was not with me. I did mention to bm that it hurts my sd that she never calls or visits her, and it hurts that my sd has not had a phone number for her in months. I told her a few major things going on in my sd life and told her that it was a shame that my sd could not share these with her and that it deeply hurts my sd. Of course I got a line of excuses from bm, she just moved (everytime we talk to her she is moving!), her phone was not working, etc.....She gave me a # for sd to call her. When I got home I told sd to call her mom, she was happy to do so since she does miss her. No answer....my sd left a message.

Her bm called back 11:00 at night and I told her that she was sleeping. My sd called her back to day and nobody answered and no answering machine. Then her bm called at 10:00 tonight and I let it go to voicemail because my sd was not awake anyways. She had the nerve to leave me a nasty message saying "I am trying to get a hold of my daughter, I have been for days!!! Is anyone letting her know that I am trying to call her? I want her to call me back before I have this baby!"

What makes a bm ignore her child for months at a time and then call acting like it is everyone elses fault that she has not talked to her daughter? I am so irratated with this lady! She has done so much emotional damage to my sd. When I told sd the other day that her mom had called and wanted to tell her that she was having a baby girl anyday my sd broke down crying about how could her mom replace her! My dh says that we should just cut bm out altogether. She has no legal rights anymore anyways.

Just needed to vent! Feel better now...feel free to comment!

Comments (6)