SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
organic_heathergirl

I am so resentful of my step child

I have really always felt a distance to my stepchild but in the beginning I would play with her because my husband (BF at the time) always seemed to busy watching TV or paying attention to me. I noticed he had very little patience with her and she always seemed to be in the way. I felt very sorry for her because I was abandoned by my father and I could relate to what she was going through. I was okay then because I KNEW I was number one with him and that she would never take my place, so I readily accepted her in my life.

Things started to change when I got pregnant and my husband seemed to not want to be as involved with my pregnancy as he said he had been with HER mothers pregnancy. That is when the resentment really started. Then I started wishing she didnÂt exist and she was an intruder and real threat to my family. She was an outsider and I never wanted to get close to her. I would be cordial when she visited but that was it. I had someone more important to tend to now, my own child, soon to be born. Her child support check became a burden and I resented sending her worthless, low life, mother a thin dime. And unfortunately, it is much more than that. I resented my husband for ever hooking up with such a low life person. What was he thinking!?

Now my husband and I have a perfect, smart, adorable little boy and I have never seen a more perfect child. He is so very sweet. She could never, ever measure up to him. I think somehow underneath it all my husband feels the same way. When she comes to visit him it I hate it. I dread the weekends she comes and when I find out for one reason or another she isnÂt actually coming I celebrate inside. I have seen things that she does and it is my gut feeling she might try and hurt my baby. I read on a post about a 5 year old that was doing horrible things to her baby brother and I could see this one doing that too. I have actually caught her giving him objects that I told her not to because it was a choking hazard. I have seen her when he walked to her with open arms stare the other direction and say, "STOP IT." He is only 10 months and just starting to walk. I have seen her hold and object just out of his reach and say, "Nanny, nanny, boo, booÂ." I hate that he has to interact with his "sister" at all. I do NOT want him to be tainted by her. She has terrible manners. When you speak to her, if she talks at all, it looks like it hurts her.

Her mother is a non-educated, drain on society who seems to think that having a man (or being a Âbaby mommaÂ) is her meal ticket. The sad thing is that it is. She does nothing but sit on her butt all day when my husband and I both have to work full time to support our family, and unfortunately, her worthless, lazy existence. She is the queen of head games and it is all she knows how to do. Thank goodness she canÂt bring any more babies into the world.

I want this to get better but I donÂt know what to do. I donÂt know how to stop wishing she didnÂt exist. I want my family to be whole, just us, no intruders.

Comments (68)