SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
doodleboo_gw

Bio Mom's visit...kindof long ladies.

doodleboo
15 years ago

She called around 10:30 saturday morning aand said her and boyfriend were back in Georgia for the weekend. At first she was wanting to bring the boyfriend with her but one of the rules we have laid down is no strangers around the girls. J had to remind her yet again that the girls are still not over Nat being gone. There has also already been one case of violence from new boyfriend and we know he is a user...coke and meth. The boyfriend got on the phone and tried to argue that we shouldn't be keeping the girls from her. Jonathan was quick to say "Oh no. You have it all wrong. She can come get them anytime but you won't be with her. We know you are an addict and we know you have anger managment issues. For that reason you will not be around the kids."

In the end she came alone like she KNEW she needed to to start with. She only visited with them a few hours because she has no apartment or non-addicted friends homes she can take them to. She knows the girls will mention anyone they are expossed to and she knows that we will know if that person is a drug buddy or not. She knows she is on a very thin wire. Her mother won't let her step foot in her house either because she had been stealing money and other items of value that could be sold. She has burned all her bridges.

She wound up taking the girls to a movie again, which is what she did last time since there isn't any where for her to go. It's the movies or the park. It was another short visit. She brought them back after about two hours because she said they told her they were "ready to go home".

Jonathan's dad and stepmom were visiting when she dropped them off. She hasn't seen any of his family in years...not since the divorce. They live out of town. It was awkward. J's parents said hello and then more or less ran into the girls room to "play" with them. They were hiding out. Jonathan continued to cook. I could tell she was hurt they weren't more chatty. I felt kindof sorry for her and tried my best to be upbeat and interested in how the visit went to take the edge out of the moment.

After a very uncomfortable and awkward fifteen minutes she finally said "well, I guess I'll let ya'll get back to your family thing". She was obviously bummed looking. It was on the tip of my tongue to ask her to stay for dinner but Jonathan and his family would of crucified me so I just said "OK. Have a safe trip back." When she left the girls barely stopped to say goodbye. This was the first time they had seen her in a month and they wanted to come home after two hours and didn't mention her at all once she had left.

I feel really sorry for her right now. She is miserable where she is at but she isn't well enough to change. That must be a real cruddy place to be. We have to be hard on her because the girls safety is at stake. We can't go easy on her at the cost of one of them being hurt. She has no job, no cell phone, her car is on it's way out, no apartment of her own just the BF's travel trailer.....no family. The poor woman is a walking "Just Say No" add. I really do hope one day she will seriously go to rehab and get help. Her life would be so much happier if she could just get her priorities straight but right now she can't see the forrest through the trees. You guys pray for her.

Comments (11)