SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brokn_hartd007

stepmon no heart

brokn-hartd007
16 years ago

I recently lost my dad..and it has been heartbreaking. You never know how much you will miss someone until they are gone, that is the truest statment. My dad and I were close and I saw and talked to him often. He talked to me about what he wanted when he passed away and showed me his will. I tried to keep him from talking about it at times, because I didnt want to think about the possibality of loosing him..but I listened when he brought it up. Like I said I just lost him not long ago, and my stepmom's claws came out before he passed away, even then I did not want to think she would have been so mean. But greed has a way of showing its ugly head, I have had to learn that the hard way.

My dad left a few wills. And in these wills he left his children, all grown, his land he inheritated and the bank accounts, land and a home to one of his kids, that was inheritated from his mother. And my brother has lived in this house for 9 years. He left some land to me, I have lived on for many many years. When he bought this land, he said I would never ever have to worry about a place to stay ever. And my stepmother knew this. These were not my wishs but my dad's. He kept his money from the royalities from his inheritated land in a seperate bank in his name only for his kids. He even left his kids money in accounts in their names. But....the stepmom emptied these accounts before my dad died, with a POA she got somehow...I still dont believe my dad signed it...for reasons I wont mention, at this time. And with this POA she took only the money that was for his children, strange huh? These accounts were payable upon death accounts.

Not only that, but she produced a will that she says my dad wrote in holographic form, with one line, that stated she gets everything. signed and dated...but it was made out on the day before his stroke. For reasons I cant mention, I dont believe this to be on the up and up. Because for many many years he kept things seperate for his children,well anything that was from HIS SEPERATE INHERITATED land.

On top of all this, I was allowed to enter my dad's home for the 'wake' and I could not believe what I saw. While my dad lie in the hospital fighting for his life, she was busy shoping, painting and remolding the home. This was started after my dad's illness...I was there 2 days before his hospitalization and it had not been there then. Not only that, but any and every thing that belonged to my dad was gone. I was so upset, and I could not believe what she had done. She threw him out like a bag of trash. And still to this day I was not offered not even a sock or handkerchif that belonged to my dad. I am so hurt over all this. I still cant believe this has happened to us. She did not even wait till my dad was burried until she had moved on with her life.

While my dad was in the hospital, my stepmom told me one night that she should have divorced him a few years ago, then she would have been able to get HIS money. She would have had to sell their home, but been able to get his money!! YEP....it made me sick. To here that. Mostly because she was painting the picture of the poor caring spouse. If people knew the real truth, it would be a shocker!

Most of all, I cant believe she hated my dad so much as to throw him out of her life, before he was even burried. Not to even offer his children from his first marriage not one thing. This has been so hard on us and an unbelieveable nightmare. To not even care if his other kids had anything of their fathers? Unreal! I couldnt even do my worst enemie like that. Not to even offer?

I guess when she was trying to get me to talk to my dad before his stroke and get him to give her control over him, I should have been concerned then? It mad her so mad that he hadnt given all his assets to her from day one, that she is making our lives miserable. And it is not my fault. These were my dad's wishes. And she has not honored not one of them. And I dont think she ever will. It is hard to stomach the realitly that all she wanted from my dad was his money. And she cared nothing for him as a person, spouse,or father, not nothing. Nor us. And all she was able to do to us while we were at the hospital staying with my dad and hoping for a miracle...she was busy getting her hands on all his assets, at whatever cost, as long as she obtained it for herself. And us, none the wiser. I knew about the shoping she was doing, but I had no idea what she was buying nor why....until my dad's wake...

I want to say my dad was the best, my hero. He was everything I look for in others. Strong, funny, kind, caring, generous to his kids and her(oh yea, she was well taken care of in these wills), and he was a good friend and loved to hunt and fish when he was able..The reason he was to go into the hospital was so he could take his grandson fishing agian. That was his love in life. I miss him so much. I miss his laugh. I will never here him say my name or the nickname he use to call me ever again. At least he knew how much I admired him and I was able to let him know that. He always taught me to live right and to be respectful of others. And I am glad I told him I loved him the day before he went in the hospital. I just wish I had said more. If I have learned anything from all this, be sure everytime you see your loved ones, tell them you love them. It may be your last. And beware of sheep in wolves clothing. And talk to your parents, get the info on their wishes before its too late. And have documented proof, dont leave nothing to chance. And dont think just because their are those that 'ACT' like they will do the right thing...they probably wont, if money is involved! And believe me, GREED is a powerful insentive. Its too late when they are gone. And you are dealing with their lose. Be aware, and please please talk to one another...and pray.

If anyone has any ideas about what to do or have had any thing like this happen to them, please let me know what to do.

Let me say, she has showed us her true colors....and it isnt a pretty site! This is only the tip of the iceburg of things she has done to us...I am too ashamed to mention any more. I am ashamed of her and the way she has disrespected my father's wishes and us. I am praying and hoping for a miracle. Thanks.

Comments (4)