SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
homeagain_gw

Suggestions for new paint color for family room? pics

homeagain
12 years ago

You all have been very helpful as I've gone through my makeover stage during the last few months. I am painting each room in the house as 5.75 years of living and 3 kids are showing somewhat! I figured since I had to do it anyway then a color change was in order.

So far I've done the office and the dining room. These rooms also got new drapes, artwork and rugs. We added wainscoting to the study and will be adding a cofferred ceiling to the dining room next week when DH is on vacation.

I have some ideas for the family room but without influencing you all in any way, I thought I'd post a photo and ask for ideas. The room is currently very earthtone. The walls are a sage green.

The sofa is a creamy white and has to stay, as well as the leather chair and ottoman. DH loves his recliner and it it's not outrageously expensive I would like to have it recovered as it a good quality chair. The rocker could go or be recovered.

So paint, new drapes, a new rug and possibly new art work.

What do you see in here?

DH's recliner in the foreground...

Yes, I'm pretty sure that grassy plant is dead....

Here are the two rooms I've already done...

The dining room ceiling will be painted a gray/green similar to the mats in the artwork on the left and then cofferred. I'm adding decorative plates around the mirror. So this room is still not 100%.

The study..

Comments (8)