SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

Pics of New (Old) Family Room Furniture

15 years ago

I'm always amazed that I can search for things I need for months or even years with no luck, and then in a short period of time find them all! It happens to me a lot and, happily, I've finally found the pieces I've been needing for our family room. Everything has been picked up, put in place and cleaned up a bit to show you all.

The first two pieces are the humidor table and floor lamp from the Thirties I found last week at an antique shop down in town. Here's the humidor table. The copper-lined inside cab is too narrow for DH's personal humidor, so he's just storing his cigar lighter and ashtray in it for the time being.

{{!gwi}}

The top of the new table is small and so the new floor lamp works well for this area. We're a family that loves to read, so every chair needs a good reading lamp. I hate overhead lights to read by! The table isn't accessorized, as yet, except for our Michael Garman statue (Chairman of the Range) that looks so much like DH's father it's uncanny. I need to get My3dogs out here to help me.

Here's a pic of the new lamp. The shade is cracked a bit and will eventually need to be replaced.

And finally, the new cherry credenza. When I asked about buying this a few weeks ago, I received some "go for its" and many "keep lookings". I sent DH over to look at it on his lunch hour and he bought it then and there. It really fits our needs for wood, storage and dimensions wonderfully and actually looks like it's from the same line as our tv lift console, although it's not. I plan to replace the hardware on it with more rustic pulls in an antique or black iron. They're a dull bronze now. I love the storage inside of it and have already filled most of it with my cookbooks, as it's so handy to the kitchen peninsula where I sit and plan out our meals.

Comments (12)