SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alexandra_marie_gw

Lots of Pics! Looking for paint suggestions for new home!

alexandra_marie
14 years ago

Hi there!

I've asked a bunch of paint questions over the past few months, and now i'm looking for the 'main' paint color for my new home. I was planning on Kilim beige, but my floor is wood w/ a light stain (it's the enitre downstairs and most of the upstairs), my kitchen is maple w/ a toffee stain, and my granite is similar to Santa Cecilia classic. That is a lot of beige. To top it off, my two sofas are beige...

I've attached a bunch of pics of the main living spaces. These are pictures from the first day we moved in so it's pretty empty. Actually, it's still empty a month later as it's our first home :) lol.

The chartreuse settee will be in the main living room w/ the beige couches. The pillows on the couches are just temporary until I figure out what I want.

The only thing I know is that the back wall (where the fireplace is) will be SW Reflecting Pool. It's a soothing turquoise color. I love the 'pop' of the turquoise and the chartreuse couch.

For the main space, I'm clueless. Should I go gray.. or is that depressing? Taupe? Ugh, I'm clueless.

I like lighter colors but most rooms get a lot of light so I feel they may get washed out. Reds, golds and sages are not my style (so gorgeous in other homes though) so please don't recommend anything like that.

For a little more info, the kitchen and main living room are one big space. There is no place (besides the bay window) where you can change colors.

THANK YOU for any and all suggestions!

Example of 'Reflecting Pool' from MyNashvilleNest

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County