SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hockeymom33_gw

18 year old stepdaughter has no rules

hockeymom33
17 years ago

I have only been marrid for 2.5 years. My husband's then 16 year old daughter came to live with us (she is now 18). I now have a 15 year old son and 12 year old daughter. From day one it seemed that no rules were really place on my SD. Talked on phone all night, had to be woken up for school, slept all weekend. Once she turned 18 she thought she should have no curfew and my husband really doesn't have a problem with that. I of course told him that wasn't acceptable and it should be 1am. He wanted it later if at all so I compromised to 130. When he told her she whined and got him to extend it to 145. Of course that never held either. Over the summer she would show up as late as 230am. When she went to college I told her 1am or drive to the dorm (less than 30 minutes away). She doesn't "want to do that" so she came home last weekend again at 230am. I was awake for over two hours because of being woken up in the middle of my sleep. Confronted husband and SD late Saturday afternoon and asked him what her consequences would be. Never got an answers - in fact he told me it was my problem if I counldn't go back to sleep. And through all this my children are seeing everything going on. I have told my children that they are mine and they will follow my rules. I dread every weekend that my SD will come home and totally ruin my sleep and how I feel towards my husband. My husband actually makes me feel crazy for even expecting my SD to have a curfew.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!