SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
canine46

BF has child, I have none-help with nerves

canine46
21 years ago

Hi all

DB of 8 months, has a 9yo son, I am 38 have no children of my own, (my choice) married for 20 years and got divorced 2 years ago ( mutual agreement)

had a boyfriend that had 2 boys 6 & 11 that he had eow. promised me that i would not be a built in babysitter for when he wanted to work ot, or go to garage ( we are both involved in race cars and work on a pit crew) needless to say i was a bit overwhelmed, having no children, and suddenly here are two who are ontop of you all the time for a couple of days. Yikes ! Was really hard getting used to . Both were decent good kids, to bad they're father wasn't. Dumped him. so my intro to children wasn't to great to say the least.

Anyway new BF is wonderful, love him with all my heart, i have met his son, seems nice, loves dogs ( which is my occupation -) DB lives with me during his work time 5 days and his days off he has his son and lives at his own apartment. Due to his year long divorce combat, all will be done and over with next week. This will allow us to spend time together ( the three of us) on a more routine basis. ( Biomom doesn't want son around me -and hse doesn't even know me!) so until divorce is final this is how it goes.

Anyway guess my question is - is there anyone else out there that has a SO with children and how did you adjust? I have never been around children - i am an outgoing, spontaneous, crafty person - love my job and my house and doing yard work. Love DB with all my heart, how do i get over my sometimes jealous feelings about his day off time spent with his child and not me. and i guess get over this really nervous feeling about having a child around and not having a clue!

I guess my previous BF gave me a bad start on intro to children. I just so want this to work out ! Please help.

Mom of 2 dogs

Comments (11)