SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

New Mattress Shopping: Almost as Stressful as Car Shopping!!

lynninnewmexico
11 years ago

It's time to bite the bullet and buy a new mattress and I am so hating shopping for it! I need help!

We have an older Posturepedic and added a 2 or 3" Tempur-Pedic mattress pad on top of it several years ago. We loved it at first but DH has been complaining for quite a while now that he wakes up way too hot several times a night because it's radiating body heat back at him. (Sigh) I love it and have no problems like that. But then again, I don't have any problems sleeping and he does. Soooo, I've been out looking at mattresses and it's so stressful!

Before anyone jumps the gun about DH not shopping with me, he flat out does not have that kind of free time. I need to find a few good mattresses that I think he'll like, for a good price, and then make one trip for him to decide which he likes the best.

We're both side sleepers. He thinks a firm pillow-top will be the best. Yesterday I tried out the new cool gel-filled Sealy Optimas and the very similar I-Comfort Insight and Prodigy. Both had firm and medium-firm models. I very much preferred the the medium-firm ones. What are absolutely out of consideration are the Sleep Number beds, any Tempurpedics or others that will radiate heat back.

Help!!!!! Do you have any suggestions as to which I might check out tomorrow on my next foray . . . or any that you've had personal experience with and don't recommend? Anyone have one of the Sealy Optima's Radiance or Destiny or I-Comfort Insight or Prodigy????

Thanks so much for any and all advice!

Lynn

Comments (21)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!