SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scoutfinch72

Another plea for paint color help! Pics!

scoutfinch72
14 years ago

I really thought we had settled on painting our soon-to-be finished basement family room a gold color thanks to some great guidance from some folks on here. We got thrown a curveball yesterday, though, when some wonderful friends GAVE us 2/3 of a slab of granite left over from their bathroom counters to use for our kitchenette/snack bar counter!! It is kind of a unique granite, Waterfall green is the name, I think. We plan to use Ikea cabinets with the Adel Medium Brown doors, but now I am not so sure if gold will go well with this granite. Carpets will be SmartStrand in a brownish color

Here is a picture of the granite in their bathroom. I can't get a pic of the actual leftover slab just yet as it is being stored off site from their home right now. Can anyone make some suggestions, preferably in relation to Benjamin Moore paints, of colors that might go well with this granite?:

From Kathy's Kitchen
From Kathy's Kitchen

While we are at it, does anyone want to weigh in on what the heck we should do with this fireplace? We tore off the ugly raised hearth and plan to tile a new one. We were really hoping to reface it with stacked stone, but I just don't think it's in the budget right now. If we simply paint it, what color should it be? The same as the trim, which will be Acadia White?

From Murray House basement progress 6/09

Comments (8)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County