SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loner_gw

Tired of being Full-time Stepmother

loner
16 years ago

I just found this forum... I hope someone out there can help me. After a toxic 1st marriage, I spent the next 10 years as a happy single mother of 1 son. I really enjoyed dating dating my current husband (whose kids did not live with him by the way). We mostly went out when my son was at his dad's for the weekend. Often we'd do things with my son when he was home. Occasionally, we spent time with my son and his 2 kids. This was not often. I ejoyed our situation. Eventually, the "marriage ultimatum" came around. I loved this man and did not want to loose him, so 4 years ago we married. Anyhow, since then things have changed. Now my husband can't seem to breathe without his kids being here. They both now live with us full-time. My SS is 19, my SD is 20. They are both good kids and I love them very much, but neither have much of a social life and are always here. SD is even wanting to work from home. SS is attached to DH at the hip. DH doesnt expect any adult responsibility from kids around the house except "make your bed". My 15 year old son is much more responsible and independent than his older kids. I did not sign on for "The Brady Bunch" but DH has this whole "picket fence" fantasy for our family. I feel so guilty, help...

Comments (14)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES