SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stubaby_gw

Pella continues to disappoint

stubaby
16 years ago

Just had 2 more Pella windows fail in my home. I replaced the other Pella's that failed a few years ago with Loewen's. These are 2 small casement windows so I thought I would just call Pella Service to get replacement sashes to save some bucks. The CSR said that they "think" the sashes are still available for my windows, the service Tech will have to look at them & discuss options with me. She said the service call is $100 the 1st 15 minutes and $25 every 15 minutes after that. So, I get to pay Pella $175/hour to sell me replacement sashes, if they exist. You must give them a charge card number over the phone or they will not come out. She said if they install them the same charges apply again on the install, or I can pay $25 to have them shipped to me from Iowa and install them myself. When my windows starting failing a few years ago I went to the Pella store and that was truly a joke. I don't see how the people at the store could have been less helpful or less knowledgeable, seriously. I bought Loewen's instead. Pella seems to be a truly disappointing company at every level. I ask those that are reading this forum for advice on new windows to take heed. Every window company is going to have their fair share of horror stories on this forum, but Pella is certainly the leader in diaspointment, bar none. My Pella windows have been a pain in my you-know-what since I built this house 20 years ago. Run away as fast as you can from this company. Oh, and I guess we all now know that the J.D. Powers & Associates Awards don't mean diddly-squat. This isn't a rant - it's the truth - sometimes the 2 are easily confused.

Comments (2)