SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
imamommy

Just a rant/vent.

imamommy
15 years ago

My SD took cross country for an after school sport this year. Her mom came to the first meet because it happened to be on a Friday. The rest of the meets were scheduled on Wednesdays. At the first meet, BM comes up to me and tells me she is going to buy SD new running shoes and tells SD she promises to be at all her meets. SD was so excited... probably that her mom was even there and also because her mom promised to come to all her meets, even though they are not on her pick up day. [of course I was skeptical of both, her offer to buy shoes and her promise to come to meets since it's a six hour round trip drive]

It didn't take long, two days to be exact, for BM to turn her offer to buy SD new shoes into an attempt to offset her child support. [she handed DH a check for him to buy the shoes and reported it the next day to DCSS as a direct child support payment] Oh well, not surprised by that!

But, then she makes an excuse the following week for why she can't come to SD's meet. She claims she has strep throat. Her strep throat started on Monday and of course was all cleared up by Friday. Fine, I don't believe her but SD does and mopes around because mom is so sick and feels bad for mom. The next week, she has another excuse... she has no money for gas. (and of course asks if daddy got her new shoes yet with the money she gave him) I guess she's implying she has no money to come to the meet because she gave it to daddy to buy shoes. The following week, she tells SD that she can't make it because she's not feeling well again. Of course, SD is feeling bad for her again but that week, SD missed her meet because it happened to be the day CPS came out to investigate claims that DH hadn't taken SD the doctor for an injury SD got at BM's house, so I took her to the doctor that day and she missed her meet. Then this week, which was the last regular meet, BM says she can't make it because she doesn't have money for gas and isn't feeling well. So, next week is the finals and only the top 7 from each team can run next week. Well, SD has finished nearly last at all the meets, so it was no surprise to me that she wasn't in the top 7, but she held out hope and really wanted to run next week. When the list of next week runners was put up, her name was not there and she began to cry. I held her and told her how proud I am of her for trying her best. When we got home, she called & told her mom she didn't make the finals. Her mom asked her what shoes she wore today and then told her she's going to take her to buy new running shoes. I don't know what else she said but that's all SD told us... I guess it just irritates me that her daughter is upset about not making the finals and her mom is still focused on the running shoes that she gave DH the money to buy and cross country is over so she really doesn't need new running shoes. It was only five weeks but she wants SD to remember that we didn't get her the new shoes. Funny thing is, SD hasn't asked us why we didn't buy her new shoes like I expected. She has the new shoes I bought when school started and a few pair of play shoes so maybe that's why she hasn't asked. We buy her whatever she needs when she needs it and she knows that she doesn't really 'need' new running shoes.

I also got a call from BM's BF's exW. I guess he is now canceling time with his kids. His exW lives less than a mile from him and BM. He passes by her house everyday on his way to and from work. He has EOW visitation, but his exW will allow more time during the week because the kids want to see dad more. Their daughter asked to see him so the exW asked him if he can pick her up on his way home from work & take her for an ice cream cone, just to see her. Well, BM's BF tells his exW that he can't do that because he has to rush BM to the hospital. What can she say? She can't call him a liar because BM might be really sick. So, she calls me to see if we've heard anything about BM being really sick. I tell her that BM isn't likely to call us if she's deathly sick unless she can't take SD for her time. So, I take the phone to SD and ask if she wants to call her mom and of course, she does. She talks for about twenty minutes and no, BM is not so sick that her BF needs to take her to the hospital. So, now he's making BS excuses to not see his kids and they live around the corner from him. He has only been letting them come over on his EOW. [and even then, SD tells me they spend a lot of time at his parents while BM & BF go out]

I just think it stinks that five kids lives are being played with for the selfishness of BM and her BF.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor