SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
queenofmycastle0221

Honestly, 'What did you expect?' I hope I don't die!

First off let me say I do not have step children. I am the happily married mom of a 9 yr old son. I can't say I have ever been in the shoes of being a step parent. I am PMS'ing today if that makes a difference.

I am at a loss today after several step parents have made me very mad and want to choke each one of them. I can only pray that my baby never gets a step parent like any of them I know.

First off my friend #1, has a 19 yr old son by her first dh and a 3 yr old son by her current. She constantly refers to her youngest as an only child. I do not see it that way. Her oldest son is expected to act like a visitor in her home. Her dh acts like he isn't even there.

Friend #2 - should say former friend wants her dh to sign away parental rights to his son 5 who he has joint custody with. She says it is such an inconvenience. He is not allowed into certain areas of her home and she is constantly on his back about something. I told her that he could always do that to a child that they might have and she told me hers would be different. It would be special to him.

My boss left his wife of 20 yrs and married another lady that has 2 boys (12&14). He is constantly on their backs as well and makes it clear that it is not their home and that his girls do no wrong. He tells everyone that he can't wait until they are out of the house.

Web Acquaintance #1 - I belonged to a group of mom's with only children. Turns out there are several that have step children but they are "so different" than their own. One in particular was complaining that her dh was very depressed because he doesn't have a relationship with his teenage daughter. She obviously doesn't think he needs one since they have a child.

Web Acquaintance #2 - Christian group where lady is having a hard time with her step children and wants her dh to forbid them from their home.

I could go on but you get the picture. Is there successful step relationships out there? It scares me to death that my child could get some of these for a step mother were something to happen to me or my marriage.

Am I the only one?

Alicia

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Closet America
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars133 Reviews
Northern Virginia, Baltimore & DC Metro's Closet Organization Company