SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texasredhead_gw

Don't Know What I Expected

texasredhead
15 years ago

Maybe I've got this board all wrong. Seems a lot of the posts are out right spam or folks expecting to find out what their stuff is worth. Problem is, a lot of the stuff is not worth very much or at least what they expected.

I like to hear how and where some one found a unique antique and how they have incorporated the item into their home.

Example, we had flown into Boston and were driving to Maine to meet some friends. We had a couple of days to burn so we toured Boston and then drove up to New Hampshire. My wife was trying to keep me out of antique shops but finally relented and we pulled up to a big red barn with the name Windhouse Farm Antiques.

As we walked into the barn I was immediately confronted with a solid cherry gate leg table circa 1825. The top and the two leaves are each 24" wide by 60" long. Each piece is one solid piece and the three pieces are bookmarked, that is they are from the same log.

Needless to say I purchased the table and had it shipped back to Texas. It beat us home. We have two dining rooms and that table sets prodly in the center of one.

Comments (15)