SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
megpie77

Greige experts/fans:Why do my greige paint colors look icky at ni

megpie77
13 years ago

Is there any one out there that loves greige but finds that at night the colors look icky? Or perhaps they look more pigmented at night? In my home I am refering to the colors Benjamin Moore Camouflage (not sure if it's truely a greige) and BM Manchester Tan. Maybe with the camouflage it's that there is so much gray and a bit of green that it turns muddy. Manchester tan looks so dreary at night in my son's room. In the day light manchester tan looks great in his room and also looks so pretty with pink that I want to paint my daughter's room with it. In her room it looks too fleshy and dark even though my son's room is right next door and they get the same western light. I love both of these colors all times of the day except at night. And with fall and winter coming I'm afraid I will like them less and less. I did hire a designer and she pointed out that I need to accessories and can't expect to throw a color up on the wall and love it on its own. Perhaps there are some colors this can be done with but I think there are other colors that need to be pulled in by accessories...so I totally get what she's talking about...but the colors still look icky. (I know, sometimes you just can't win with me ;-)

Has anyone else had this experience with colors?

Comments (4)