SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
woot2112

Just moved In and now Im confronted by a spoiled stepdaughter

woot2112
17 years ago

Well IÂm new here, but I did take the time read over many of the posts and found most of them interesting. To get started I just moved to Indiana into a home of a very spoiled 17 stepdaughter. She has had a hard life as far as I can tell with that losing here drug-addicted father in a car accident when she was 7 or 8 and then a separation of a 7-year relationship that here mom had after words. Now I appeared into the home with principles, morels and respect that I feel needs to be given to parents and to adults in general that have at least level-minded brains. Well she has absolutely none. Mostly with her mom which I cannot stand and it bothers me tremendously. Now my son, which is 16 has his own set of problems, but I can manage through them with logic mixed with love and real care for his well-being. Now to implement this with my stepdaughter is very difficult since IÂm over taken by her character from the get go. Her mom seems to have given up on her and is basically waiting for her to move out, when she leaves for college, but I now that she will have a hard freakin time in the real world without real logical values and a true understanding on how the world works (and it doesnÂt revolve around her). Moving from a city of a million and half to a small town of 2000 people has it's own set of issues on my end. And I have had the luxury of traveling the world and experiencing many other walks of life. But here in the US there no place for spoiledness I feel. She's never lived outside of this community for any length of time (so she may feel trapped from the get go) which may contribute to her attitude mixed with her later life. Not to mention she probably one of the only 17 year old virgins in the teen world these days and never had a real boyfriend. Which I think is another reason she hasn't had a boyfriend is becuase of her moms bad relationships she has had with men maybe have drawn a unwritten line about guys. I just think a relationship growing up makes you grow as a person, if nothing else it allows normal emotions to surface about yourself as a person. Which could result in her being so mad all the time and complaining to her mom so much about almost anything. The thing is she knows she is spoiled and doesnÂt care one bit how that makes anyone feel or what anyone thinks about it. SheÂs always mad about one thing or another and like most teens she thinks she knows it all. IÂm not sure what IÂm asking here or whether IÂm just venting, but the truth to the matter is. That I may just pack up and go, which is completely opposite of my true nature (I like to get things fixed and work things out). In this case though it has put me in a real mind testing experience that IÂm not sure IÂm ready for. Should I use the same rules and values that I have instilled into my son or just let everything just blow by and let mom take care of it??

Comments (3)