SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom_of_4

my how things can change

mom_of_4
15 years ago

So, I know that basically the last time I really posted DH and I were in the middle of dealing with BM swooping in, taking kids and not letting us see them. After MONTHS and MONTHS of fighting and talking to lawyers it seems like a new leaf has been turned (I can only hope) DH told BM at then end of the school year that he was going to court unless she at minimum allowed us to have the kids every other week. (ie one week with her next with us) He told her no judge would deny him more time with his kids especially when that is what the kids want and since they had previously lived with us for the three years. She still wont admit that they lived with us (whatever she can be deluded if she wants to) But, she agreed. Over the summer we ended with the kids for the entire summer and for the beginning of the school year the schedule has been stuck to. Actually we had the kids a few days on her week as well... On top of this she has been SUPER SUPER nice and helpful. I mean even to me. This weekend at the boys football game she was nice, chatty and was even joking around with me. I strongly suspect something is up with her and her guy and that is the reason for the turn around. He hasnt been at any kid events (no football no open house no anything actually) and even during her week with the kids she didnt go home. She instead went to her mom's house and then to ours to finish homework and let the boys get ready for practice. Dh and I think alot of the nonesense before was due to him. BM tends to be easily swayed by others. I honestly think if she had somewhere else to go (other than her moms) she probably wouldnt still be living with he guy... but really we can only guess. Things are so cool right now she and I were able to sit on the porch and discuss oldest ss problems in school and what we can do about it. It is kind of hard to adjust to her being nice. I am so ready for something nasty to be said or some fight to start that I think I have a brick wall built up just in case. But, I can honestly say things are 100% better than they were. I can only hope that this is the beginning of a new relationship for us all. I am cautiously optimistic.

Comments (2)