SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wldfire_13

Passive Aggressive Behavior?

wldfire_13
16 years ago

I am very new to this forum but have not seen my issue posted here, or elsewhere. I need some objective advise. My DH & I have been married 16 years. I have a SS who I think the world of (he is married). I have 2 DS. All are adults now. One is married. My problem is not new as this is something I have been dealing with since shortly after we were married. However, more recently, when my DS(s) and DDIL visit, he is sullen, moody, irritable and won't participate, won't talk. My DS and DDIL are expecting - we just found out - and DH did not say one word about it to either of them. When they left to go home to a distant city, he did not tell them goodbye - he just stayed in the house. I am baffled by his behavior. I asked him if he was dissapointed it was not his own DS and DDIL that were expecting and he said no. He said he just had "other" things to do. I feel he is being passive aggressive - which is nothing new. But I don't know how to deal with it. I love having my SS and DSDIL around and we do things with them often, but I am just so puzzled by his attitude toward my DS(s)- but like I said, similar things have been going on for years. I am worried how he will react when the grandbaby arrives.

Comments (3)