SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
viv4_gw

Step daughter fear

viv4
9 years ago

Ok, I have been reading these posts for a few days and offered advice here and there when I could. I guess I am ready to share the reason I came looking for help.
I have a 17 year old SD and our relationship has not been good for many years. In the beginning we played and giggled and loved to be together (she was 5 when we first met). On our wedding trip, yes we took our three kids on our honeymoon, she had a total change in attitude and she has never opened back up to me. I know, for a fact that the bio mother was (and is) the primary reason for this divide. That is a whole other story. At the time I understood all the reasons this happened and I figured time would heal our relationship.
Flash forward 10 years and here we are. She lives with us now and she will barely look at or speak to me. This is not ideal, obviously, countless times we have tried to reach her, but she says she feels empty and loves no one, only loves material things. Really sad, but not what I was wanting to ask you all about. This is a problem for the us and psychiatrists and other professionals to work on.

So, here is my question. I wonder what have you all done - those with adult step children, to protect yourself financially? How have you set up your will and estate to be sure that if your spouse dies you and you children will be
Protected? I have had a number of unsettling dreams recently about her walking into my hospital room and pulling the plug.... I just wonder how do I protect myself ?

Comments (7)