SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

Fairness

mom2emall
14 years ago

So I have a question on fairness. All of you who are custodial stepparents I need your imput...

My skids are with me 99% of the time. My son is with me all week long and EOW. Some Wed. nights he also goes to his dads. Anyways I rarely get time alone with my son because my stepkids don't see their bm and her family lives out of state.

So this week the grandparents were in town and picked up my skids for a few days. They take them places and do some shopping with them, etc. What I am getting at is their grandparents do fun things with them, don't just sit around.

So while they were gone I did some fun stuff with my son. When I have all 4 kids it gets pricy to go out and do stuff, so we don't get to do a whole lot. I figured since I just had one I could spoil him a bit and give him a little mommy time. So one day we went to a movie, one day we went to an arcade, and one day we went to a waterpark. Mind you these are not things I have never taken my stepkids to do, its just a rare occurance when we all get to go.

So the kids come back and my ss sees a waterbottle from the waterpark in our cabinet and asks who went there. I told him we did and he spent the next 2 hours sulking. He actually cried at one point.

So I tried explaining to him that he did fun things with his grandparents that we did not get to do. And he came home with some new toys that my son does not have. And I reminded him of a movie my dh recently took my him and his sisters to when my son was with my ex. (my son came home and they were at the movie and he got upset and I sat him down and did the same explaining thing...that he had fun with his dad and did things the others did not get to do, etc.)

So anyways now my dh is making comments about what I took my son to do when the others were gone and hinting at it not being fair??

I feel like the world does not stop when one of the kids is not home. There have been times when my son has been away and my sd's have been at sleepovers and me and my ss went somewhere. And there have been times when we had all the other kids sleepover with relatives when I brought one of my sd's out for a girls night. So its not like they got shafted. They get to do special things too. But since my ss is whining about it now my dh is giving me an attitude about it.

Am I in the wrong???

Comments (12)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!