SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lunalisa_gw

SD's Boyfriend

lunalisa
16 years ago

This is a long story, but I'll be as brief as possible. I moved in with my H (then BF) about 18 months ago. A month or so later, his daughter (then 18) somehow managed to move her 30-year-old BF in "for a week or so" as he was unemployed and his roommate had kicked him out.

He's still with us. He has been unemployed at least 90% of the time during this period and has been through at least 6 jobs. She's been through 3 or 4. They don't pay rent, though they always seem to have enough money to do what they want when they aren't being dragged to court for unpaid parking tickets (at least a dozen last I knew) or bounced checks.

My H is a loving father, but he and his X were poor parents (they never disciplined the D because they had a bad marriage and were afraid she "wouldn't love" them if they did). There were never any consequences, if you know what I mean. They did her no favor as she has no manners, no consideration and does exactly as she pleases just as she always has. She also expects to be bailed out if she screws up. I put a stop to that a couple of months ago and am now the wicked stepmother of the year.

I get nothing but attitude and attitude from the two of them, and I've had it up to here. I know my H will NEVER kick his D out and I'm not going to do one of those "she goes or I go" games. However, I think I am completely within my rights to insist the BF leave IMMEDIATELY. If his D goes with him, tough.

And before anyone asks, yes I have a child of my own - a 25-year old I raised as a single parent for 23 of those years. He had his moments as a teen (don't they all?) but was always responsible and is an adult any parent would be proud of.

Any thoughts before I law down the law? TIA, Luna

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living