SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
criticalmass048

Storm Door & Glass Help needed

criticalmass048
15 years ago

This question is more about a door than the window, but hopefully someone will be able to help me.

We had a wood-core storm door installed by a contracter several years back. The door now is starting to rot due to a leak we had. We are looking to replace the door.

The problem lies in the fact that my wife is IN LOVE with the designs on the tempered glass window in the door. We pretty much need to replace the door but keep the window.

What makes this harder is that there is NO label on the door or frame identifying the manufacturer. The identity of the contractor is unknown. The people at the local big-box home improvement stores say the door can't be fixed, and shouldn't be fixed due to possible mold inside, and say the door is probably covered under warranty, but alas, without a label...

There IS however, a label on the tempered glass. Here's hoping that somehow, someway, someone is out there somewhere who can either identify the maker of the door, offer advice on how to find a new door that will accept this glass, or even offer some ideas that I haven't thought of.

The window measures 27 5/8" W x 69 5/8" H. The door measures 35 3/8" w. The label on the glass says "Glass Unlimited, Tempered, ANSI Z97.1-1984, 16 CFD 1201-H, SGCC-598 1/8L, C2830, BS6206A"

Thanks in advance for ANY advice or ideas offered.

Comment (1)