SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suggi1

For Oberon - had trouble posting on your answer

15 years ago

Oberon - Thanks for replying to CONDENSATION BETWEEN WINDOWS...Tried to answer your questions there but it kept not going through. The condensation is on the exterior of the inner window. There is no condensation inside the house and no condensation on the interior or exterior of the storm window. There is about a 3" gap between that large inner single pane window and the storm window

Hubby caulked the outside of the storm window because of all the bugs that were coming in and dying. He took off the storm window and cleaned everything out sometime last year and put the storm window back and caulked it including the little round space where the missing hinge was. The other hinges were fine.

On both sides of the large "fixed" single pane/storm window are small Harvey windows that open - they are part of the whole picture window package and were here when we moved in. There is no problem with them. Now hubby needs surgery for his neck/back problem according to the neurosurgeon and can't go out there and take out the window. I don't know who to call or who to get to do what. I would think if there is no gap (no more bugs in there) there would not be condensation either. I can't remember if there was any condensation in there during the winter but there has been a few times in the warmer weather when we have heavy rains and high humidity. I hate the sight of the droplets running down the inner window and I CAN'T GET AT THEM AS THEY ARE NOT INSIDE THE HOUSE...grr

Please, if you have any suggestions as I can't afford a whole new window now -- the whole thing including the narrow Harveys measures about 114" (Harveys are 18" each) but it looks like all go in one HUGE frame. HELP! I am in Massachusetts. It has cleared up now but we are in for another hot, rainy week into next week and I am worried.

Thanks.

Comment (1)