SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blondelle_gw

Circuit Breaker Help - Need Help ASAP!!!

blondelle
15 years ago

I'm in a 40+ year old house and was watching TV when it went off along with the lights in my and my mother's room. I had my computer on an air conditioning outlet and that stayed on. The heater was 1000 watts on the setting it was on, and the TV is a small 13", and I think a DSL modem was also on at the time. Con Ed said they didn't change my breaker boxes but there are new ones installed. Is the breaker box on the left usually for the first floor? We are on the second and I tried to snap the two out of place back on the right hand box but they sprung right back. I then read on the net they should be moved all the way to the right first and then back to the left, and did that. They are horizontal ones. They made a funny "zzz" noise and went right back to where they were.

BTW, should the heater maybe be on the air conditioner circuit instead of the computer plugged directly into the outlet? I have a surge suppresser as the only thing on that outlet and the computer plugged into that. Strange that outlet wasn't affected.

Everything that was on was turned off when I tried to reset them. Any ideas on what to do? It's starting to get dark and we need our lights. Would be really thankful for any advice. Thanks!

Comments (8)