SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vistajpdf

Mention this stupid little gripe or not?

vistajpdf
16 years ago

Tomorrow, DH and I have another meeting w/ the marriage counselor. We've been weaned off, lol, as we aren't in the crisis we were in upon beginning these sessions.

Anyway, counselor has suggested that if I'm angry at skids, I shouldn't hold DH responsible for it - or at least she has questioned whether or not I do that. I do do that as I feel I'd speak up if my dear nephews did something annoying in our home or to him, etc, so I feel he should step in somewhat and attempt to help the skids see their faults and rectify them.

The issue isn't a big one, but it's now nearing midnight and I've just got done w/ all the household things I have to do to make the place presentable and am unwinding before bed. The point is, I'm generally up quite late doing these things after everyone is asleep and the house doesn't quite have that spotless and clean lined look I'm going for, lol. I've been trying to pitch excess baggage (junk, not DH, lol) and simplify life, find a home for everything and keep up w/ the everyday cleaning. There's barely enough time.

I'm getting to the point: I went into the bathroom and bedroom my SD occupied until earlier this month and was just angered by the condition in which she left the rooms, which were IMMACULATE when she arrived. There is trash all over, boxes thrown about, hangers all over the floor. I can barely see the floor under the papers and junk she left behind. The bathroom has 'rings' everywhere from her endless bottles of hair and skin products and I managed to clean that up w/o too much effort, but I'm annoyed as can be!

Earlier, I asked DH if he had been in that room and he said, "Only to close the door to it.." That irritated me as he hinted that it wasn't presentable, but left it, I assume for me to clean. He has been much better about helping out since beginning w/ the therapist, but this is one area where I wouldn't think I'd have to ask him to clean assuming she will not.

She had left some things behind for awhile, but got them a week ago last Monday. I thought at that time she'd straighten up a bit - had moved out on the 12th. However, on Wed, she left for DC for a friend's b-day - imagine that. No $ for any of her bills, but can jet on over to DC for a week because a friend is turning 25...

Anyway, pick an answer for me:

A. Clean it up and be glad she's on her own.

B. Tell DH to clean it up or have his DD do it when she returns.

C. Call her and ask if she'd "done" w/ the room.

I may run this by the therapist tomorrow, but I'm curious as to how you all feel. I'll probably do choice A knowing me...

Dana

Comments (22)