SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jaxo_gw

Possible to add 220v kitchen outlet in ground floor condo?

jaxo
13 years ago

I'm looking at buying a ground floor condo with attached garage. It would have another condo above it, so there is no attic.

Based this photo of the buildings, it looks to me that the electric breaker boxes for each condo area located outside on the exterior wall of the attached garage.

All the condos come with gas hookups for the range and an 110v outlet for power,

I want to replace the gas range with an induction,

so I would need 220v in the kitchen. I did this in my current home, but he electrician ran the wires up into the attic and then down into the kitchen. Since there would be another condo above in the new place, I can't imagine how the wiring could be run from the breaker box to the kitchen without having any visible wires on the exterior of the building.

The only thing I can think of is drilling through to the unit's garage and then running the wires inside the garage to the interior of the condo along the ceiling to the kitchen and then down to the range. That would be an eyesore inside unless there is some way to fish the wiring through the ceiling so it doesn't show.

I think there is a 220 outlet in the laundry room just inside from the garage that will not be used because I want a gas dryer. Maybe that line could be extended through down the hall past the living room to the kitchen and used for the range instead?

Any ideas or is this just impossible to accomplish without visible wiring?

Comments (7)