SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
funkyart_gw

Update on my Mirrored Dining Table

funkyart
14 years ago

As you may remember(or not), I commissioned a table to be made of an antiqued mirror top and a vintage industrial iron base-- very much like this table which was listed on 1st dibs.

Unfortunately, I heard from the seller this week and she is having problems with her mirror guy. In her words, he is being tempermental and difficult. His first image of the mirror was not as "layered" or beautiful as the first one he did and when she asked him to take more photos or to continue with the distressing, he dug his heels in the ground and refused. Refused to work with her-- and refused to respond to emails or phone calls.

So, sadly, my update is that the seller and I agreed, together, to not continue through with the sale. I am disappointed, but I feel badly that she has had such a struggle with the mirror artisan. I very much want to support small businesses and artists but I do not want to put my hard earned money into the hands so unappreciative of the customer. This is a commissioned work-- he is working to spec. I DO appreciate that the seller is mindful of my interests and my pocketbook. Delivered, the table would have been close to $3000. That is not a small amount of money to me and I would have been very upset if the table was not gorgeous. Perhaps we reacted too quickly but I put my trust in the seller and she isnt pleased so I have opted to follow her lead.

So there it is. I am back on the search. Sigh.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES