SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ayerg73_gw

Need help updating my dining room

ayerg73
12 years ago

I'm getting ready to plunge head-first into a kitchen reno. We are opening up one of the walls to create a better flow to our currently unused dining room and to give better light to the kitchen.

The dining room is boring and sparse right now. I want to make it flow with the kitchen and I am willing to change upholstery, paint, trim - whatever - to accomplish that. The only thing I'm not changing is the furniture. I just simply have no ideas.

Here is my sad little room right now...

and the cave it looks like most of the time because the light is blinding from that window...

Here are my choices for the kitchen...

The island and the new banquette in the kitchen will be natural cherry. All the perimeter cabinets, as well as the serving area outside of the dining room, will be cream colored. That area will also have soapstone counters and green tile backsplash.

The entire house will have the same wood floor as in the above picture.

Here's the floorplan so you can get an idea of how it all works together...

Since this room is used more for family game night and we are not a formal family, I'm happy to make it feel a little more casual. It's hard for me to visualize that with the massive chandelier, though. (which my husband loves, but I'm not so fond of...)

Any ideas would be great! Thanks!

Comments (22)