SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gobruno_gw

Update: Starting to Love my dining room, now what fabric, paint?

gobruno
12 years ago

Hi All,

If you remember, I've struggled with my dining room for over a year, and had finally come to the realization that I hated it! I think that the wall color was just not Me and I hated the fabric on the curtains. So, after much advice seeking/research, I finally made some changes. I have always loved the look of wainscotting and had planned on adding some to our dining room. So, I finally got the motiviation to just get it done. I've seen many bloggers put these types of "board and batten" treatments on walls; so, I decided to try it myself. Btw, it's amazing how much reading blogs/forums has given me the nerve to try some of this myself. Seeing other every day people do this stuff definitely is motivating. I would have never tried this myself 10 years ago! Anyway, we also finally bit the bullet and bought new dining chairs. World Market was having a 25% off sale on furniture; so, I paired these green chairs with our traditional table. I Love the look!

Now, the question is, what color do I paint the top part of the walls? The blue has definitely got to go! And what curtain fabric should I use?

Here is the before:

Here is the "after" (actually, still in progress):

Here are the 2 curtain fabrics I've narrowed it down to. The top one is kind of a small sample:

Here are more detailed views:

I'm thinking of a brown or a creamy golden color on the top instead of the blue. What do you all think?

Thanks!

Comments (36)