SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jycmarie_gw

Step parenting

jycmarie
16 years ago

I am on the verge of a divorce. I have been married 3 years to a preacher whose two children (by different mothers) live with us. His daughters mom is deceased. From day one he has acted like I was not part of the family. His ex wife would call an curse me out, even though I did not know her. He would sneek on his cell phone after 9 pm which is his sons bedtime to let his son talk with his mother He makes all the decisions about the children and also finances. recently he bought his 8 year old son a play station 3,without even talking about it. then he buys him a 100.00 bowling ball and feels he does not have to talk about it. But what really has pushed me is that. For the last 3 years we have been attending a church, then one Sunday he does not show up. He tells me that he went to another church and joined. I was floored. Now he takes his children to church with him, while I still attend the church we were going to. I am sleeping on the couch and we don't talk, not that we ever did. He tells his children that they have to go to church with him, because he is their father and I am their stepmother. I really don't know how to handle this situation. Should I stay or go?

Comments (9)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH