SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_459360

Styling An Oval Cocktail Table....Tips and Suggestions?

User
9 years ago

If you google "styling oval cocktail tables" or coffee tables, you'll see loads of photos of tables with nothing--- or almost nothing---on them. I've looked at many pictures and have determined that round or small footprint/tall things look best.....big books look awkward and smaller ones look like you forgot to put them away. Most rectangles or squares look uncomfortable (for lack of a better term) perched on an oval surface.

Ever since our interior designer "relocated" the big pottery bowl that was the sole item on our library table to the lower level, I have been shopping my own house for items to use on the table, and I would love pictures, suggestions, tips, etc.

Table is pedestal base from Baker with an inlaid medallion at the center. It is very pretty on its own. Here it is with a large book so you can see the size. (Apologize for horrible iphone pictures, it was after floors but before rug came back from cleaners)

Rug restored, flowers from birthday bouquet from a friend in ceramic vase, silver Revere bowl with green enamel interior, and three varying height brass candlesticks with fat Root candles in green:

More, less, what?

This post was edited by kswl on Sat, Aug 30, 14 at 12:30

Comments (54)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm