SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lara_slikhanian

Persian style rug made modern?

Lara S
3 years ago

I’m in the process of buying the furniture for my condo. I’m looking for ideas to get a bright, modern, and airy feel. There are of course a few challenges.

1. I fell in love with and purchased a blue velvet sectional that measure 8ft x 8.5ft
  2. I was given a Persian-style rug by my mom that I’d like to incorporate. It measures approximately 7ft x 10ft.
  3. The floors have a pinkish and orange-y hue to them.
  4. The ceiling are pretty low at just under 8 feet.

The condo is currently being renovated so I don’t have pictures of the actual space. I have attached images of what I have so far

What I need help with is picking the right combination of TV unit, coffee table, dining room table/chairs, and sideboard that would give me a modern, harmonious look without making the space too gloomy or flat. I’m comfortable shopping around for the actual product, but I need ideas on what finish to look for in each piece of furniture.

I was given a old dresser by a friend that I can use as is under the TVCor slightly update (I don’t have much time or desire to get too manual). I can also opt out of using it.

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative Design-Build Firms