SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lizza_2006

I don't want this, but he can't let go,

lizza_2006
17 years ago

I've been dating a man for 1.5 years now. He's got two children 12 and 6. I've been struggling this whole time with the issues that this type of a relationship brings (I have never been married or have any children). I have finally come to the conclusion that this relationship is not going to work for me. I told him that I did not want to be in this relationship anymore, that I did not want to live with other people's children, that I had no desire to be a stepmom, and that I would never get used to all of the issues that such a relationship brings.

I feel if I cont. this relationship I need to accept his children and everything that comes along with it, but I don't, which is why I want out.

He says that we have a lot of love and he's willing to fight for that, and that I've had to deal with all of this stuff on my own and he hasn't been supportive, wants us to give it another shot with him in the picture helping me go through my "issues"

I am trying to wave all sorts of red flags, and this man is not understanding what I'm telling him, which amazes me considering he's been married twice already.

Can anybody give me any suggestions on how to handle this?

He and his family have been through enough, I don't want to be the source of more pain to them, but I have to look out for myself and my future as well, and this situation doesn't make me happy.

How else do I say it to make him understand?

Thanks for any feedback.

Comments (5)